Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point coordinate issue when importing into Civil 3D

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rboyerPLS
318 Views, 2 Replies

Point coordinate issue when importing into Civil 3D

I need some help.  Our company recently started using Civil 3D for surveying projects.  When I am importing .csv files into Civil 3D, the points will preview with the correct Northing & Easting, yet when inserted into the drawing using the "import survey data" function from the survey prospector tab, they have a different Northing & easting in the model.  It is a consistent amount different from the raw data, so it is not a scaling issue. The points will list with the correct northing and easting, yet ID'ing the point in CAD gives me a different result.   Has anybody else had this issue before?  Units set to US Survey feet and Base is at 0,0,0.

Please help.

Thanks,

Bob Boyer, PLS

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rl_jackson
in reply to: rboyerPLS

Are your drawing setting and survey database settings the same.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
rboyerPLS
in reply to: rboyerPLS

I fixed the problem.  The survey database settings was to US Survey feet but the AutoCAD settings were to International feet.  Once I set both the same, it worked fine.

Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report