Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point codes in subassembly and creating COGO points

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
chado
263 Views, 4 Replies

Point codes in subassembly and creating COGO points

I have created an assembly using 2 basic lanes on each side of the baseline. When I create COGO points from corridor at the crown it is placing 2 points at each station. It appears it is recognizing a point code from each subassembly. What do I need to do to elimate this problem? Is the fact that 2 subassemblies are attached at the baseline causing problems?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cliff Patterson
in reply to: chado

If you use the LaneOutsideSuper subassembly you can set the parameter of only one of the lanes to have a crown point on inside edge of the lane.

Seems the basic lane doesn't have that option. Perhaps you can change the subassembly to LaneOutsideSuper and set the parameters.

Cliff Patterson
Rocke & Associates
Fort Wayne, IN.
Civil 3d 2007, SP-3
Xeon 2.80 Ghz, 2.0 GB Ram
Message 3 of 5
chado

Thanks, that did the trick!

It does lead me to another question: When I create a feature line from the crown, any horizontal PI's I have are being set to 0 elevation at that vertex. Any idea why this might be happening and if so how do I fix it? Do I have to manually edit the elevations each time?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Are you creating corridor sections at the horizontal geometry points?
If not, you can toggle these on in the sample frequency dialog box.

chado wrote:
> Thanks, that did the trick!
>
> It does lead me to another question: When I create a feature line
> from the crown, any horizontal PI's I have are being set to 0
> elevation at that vertex. Any idea why this might be happening and
> if so how do I fix it? Do I have to manually edit the elevations
> each time?
Message 5 of 5
chado

Yes I do have sections created at the horizontal geometry points. For some reason it is having problems with this. If I turn off the horizontal geometry then I no longer have an issue, so this may be what I do in the future. What's funny is, if I look at the corridor section at the horizontal geometry point stations everything looks correct. It is just the feature line that is a problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report