Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Code Display Name

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
EddyL
775 Views, 5 Replies

Point Code Display Name

If have corridor sections labeled with point code styles. My boss wants the Edge Of Travel Way label to read Edge Of Pavement or E.O.P. instead of ETW. Is there a way to change the code display name?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
IanMcClain
in reply to: EddyL

Hi EddyL,

Try using description keys: you can have the raw description ETW translated to E.O.P. in the full description, then just use a point label style that displays full descriptions.

Description keys can be found under the Toolspace tab > Point > Description Key Sets.  After you create one, select the desired points, right click and choose Apply Description Keys.

Regards,

Ian McClain
Message 3 of 6
EddyL
in reply to: IanMcClain

I should have been clearer. They are not cogo points but Code Set points from my corridor assembly.

Message 4 of 6
Jeff_M

You can assign any label style to the ETW code. So create a Marker Label Style with the contents formatted as the boss wants and assign it the ETW point code in the Code Set.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 6
ccoles

Go to Toolspace, click on the Settings tab, and under General > Multipurpose Styles > Code Set Styles, click to edit the code set style you typically use. Our code set labels use the description of the links and points to label our assemblies. Edit the description to what ever call-outs you wish to use. Don't change the name, however. This is how a lot of the pre-set subassemblies ID the edges for the label. We have our ETW renamed in description to 'EOP'.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 6 of 6
EddyL
in reply to: ccoles

Thanks for the help, that's what I was looking for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report