Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point and Link in creating subassembly from pline

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ingegneria
992 Views, 6 Replies

Point and Link in creating subassembly from pline

I want to create a Section Type "Tunnel" from a pline: I have a closed polyline and I created the subassembly from it.

How can I add point and link in order to see the corridor as It should be (because with no point and link I see only the section in the corridor).

Vincent

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: ingegneria

Using the Subassembly Composer additional software which can be downloaded with Civil 3D will provide you with more customizable control for making a custom subassembly, allowing you to assign point and link codes as well as Input Parameters much like the standard out of the box subassemblies.

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 7
david.zavislan

Select the subassembly that you created from the polyline. Right-click and select the Add Code command from the shortcut menu.  Enter the code name, then pick the point, link or shape to attach the code to.  You will need to repeat this for every link, or point, on the subassembly that you want codes assigned to.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 4 of 7
ingegneria
in reply to: david.zavislan

The problem is that I don't have any point to select (I have just the closed polyline).
Message 5 of 7
david.zavislan

Edit the subassembly properties, on the Codes tab, assign a code set style that displays the points with markers.

Message 6 of 7
ingegneria

Ok, now I see the points.
I add the code and select the points, right? Do I have to repeat these steps for every points (beacause it seems I cannot do multiple selection)?

Message 7 of 7
david.zavislan

Yes.  Every point has to be done one at a time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report