Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pofile Linetype Generation

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rremmers
220 Views, 6 Replies

Pofile Linetype Generation

Hi all,

I have created an existing ground profile and I want it to display as a hidden line. I can do that by editing the profile style, however the line appears as though the linetype generation is disabled. Since it is not a polyline I am unable to select it and change it in the Object Properties box.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change this? Does it work any differently with C3D 2005? Should this be a wish list item? Thanks for any help,

Ray
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: rremmers

ltypegen being on before the profile is generated _might_ help, but don't hold me to that. Good luck! -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D http://au.autodesk.com Sign up now for AU2004!
Message 3 of 7
rremmers

I did try that and it did not work. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ray
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

"rremmers" wrote in message news:17512081.1095713111800.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have created an existing ground profile and I want it to display as a hidden line. I can do that by editing the profile style, however the line appears as though the linetype generation is disabled. Since it is not a polyline I am unable to select it and change it in the Object Properties box. > > Does anyone know if it is possible to change this? Does it work any differently with C3D 2005? Should this be a wish list item? Thanks for any help, Hi Ray, In C3D 2005, I am able to edit the profile style, set the line type to HIDDEN and modify the LT scale to a higher number in order to see the actual pattern on the EG profile. Himanshu
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Are you sure about that? That might work on proposed profiles where the length between vertices is fairly high, but I don't think it works on things like surface profiles where the nodes are tight. PLINEGEN is being ignored by the Profile object. It's been logged IIRC, talk with Dan Philbrick. -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D http://au.autodesk.com Sign up now for AU2004!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

"James Wedding" wrote in message news:41826b07$1_2@newsprd01... > Are you sure about that? That might work on proposed profiles where the > length between vertices is fairly high, but I don't think it works on things > like surface profiles where the nodes are tight. PLINEGEN is being ignored > by the Profile object. It's been logged IIRC, talk with Dan Philbrick. James, you are correct, PLINEGEN is not being honored at the moment. My reading of the original poster's message was that the _line type_ was not working, and hence my reply. When I re-read the message now, I'm not so clear whether Ray was saying that the line type (pattern) wasn't working, or as you say, the PLINEGEN flag was not being honored. -- Himanshu
Message 7 of 7
rremmers

Yes, my issue is that PLINEGEN is not being honored. I take it this issue has already been raised and discussed and it is what it is for now. Thanks for your replies.

Ray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report