Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'PN transparent command not working correctly in 2015

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dhenderhan
314 Views, 4 Replies

'PN transparent command not working correctly in 2015

This is the first time i've tried drawing 3d polylines through point numbers in 2015 and it's not working properly.  And it's sporatic too....sometimes it smaps to points that aren't in the range I entered, another time it drew three polylines along the same range of points even though I entered three different ranges.  I'm under the gun on a project and have messed with this for an hour.  It would take me three or four hours to draw them manually, very intense topo with a lot of breaklines. I have tried an audit ont he drawing, re-booted, and even repaired the install.  Anyone have anything on this???? HELP!

Thanks,

David E. Henderhan, PLS
Civil 3D 2023
Dell Precision 3660 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel (R) RTX A2000
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 2.10 GHz
128 GB ram
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: dhenderhan

I've not seen any problems with the 'PN transparent command. Do you have SP1 installed? I do, even though the readme says nothing about this issue it's possible something was changed in the SP to address this.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
dhenderhan
in reply to: Jeff_M

I do.  I think I stumbled onto something.  It seems a while back I remember hearing something about running Osnaps being an issue that conflicts with this.  I made sure the Osnaps were off and then it worked, but I haven't had an issue with this for a long time.  Who knows!  I will do some further testing when I don't have the dragon breathing down my neck and we'll see.

Thanks,

David E. Henderhan, PLS
Civil 3D 2023
Dell Precision 3660 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel (R) RTX A2000
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 2.10 GHz
128 GB ram
Message 4 of 5
antoniovinci
in reply to: dhenderhan

Try to toggle the OSNAPZ value, sir.

Message 5 of 5

Hi David/everyone,

I'm curious to know if you noticed any further problems with this command after turning your Osnaps off? I am running Civil 3D 2014 here at work (with SP2), and just needed to use the 'PN command for the first time since getting the new software.

I had the same problems as you at first, and came and found your suggestion for turning Osnaps off. It worked perfectly for me the first couple of times I used it, but on the 3rd featureline I was building, it started giving me the same problem, even though my Osnaps were off.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Leslie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report