Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting sections

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
sacprasanna
461 Views, 8 Replies

Plotting sections

Hi all,

When i am creating section sheets from multiple section views ,section sheet  view port scale  changes.I did set it correctly in my template.

For example it changs from 1:150 to 1:150_1 

Then in section sheets scetions views are not displaying correctly.

When i change view port scale manually it shows correctly.But it should do to all sheets.

What should I do?

In model spacr multiple section views are showing correctly.

Pls help me,

Chamara Prasanna
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 SP 1
Sri Lanka
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

It would be helpful to know what version you are running.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 9

Oh I forget it.I am using

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 

Chamara Prasanna
Sri Lanka
Message 4 of 9

I don't have 2011 installed anymore, and I don't recall that ever happening to us.  It might be helpful if you posted the dwg for someone to take a look, or to open a case with support, if you're on subscription.  I've been trying to reproduce this in 2012 without success.  Perhaps if you posted your template, I could try it in 2012 using your settings.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 5 of 9

Check your  template you have for the section views.

It sounds like it might be the scales are defined differently for 1:150.

I would compare the definition of the 1:150 scale in your drawing you are working in and then compare that to the definition of the 1:150 scale in the template you have for the section views. Also check the scale attached to the viewports in the template you have for the section views.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 6 of 9

Hi ,

Thanks for all answers,Then check all places where should scale.It all right.I attach all my dwgs.

You can see in my layouts sections are not displaying correctly.

Pls check it and give me some help.

Chamara Prasanna
Sri Lanka
Message 7 of 9
sacprasanna
in reply to: sacprasanna

Sorry

I should say

Then check all places where should set scale.It is all right.Smiley Happy

Chamara Prasanna
Sri Lanka
Message 8 of 9

The problem is with your template.

The units are set to millimeters instead of meters.

Even though the definition for the 1:150 scale is technically the same in each drawing, have the template units set to millimeters is causing the scales to to be converted from 1 paper millimeter = 150 drawing millimeters in the template to 1 paper millimeter = 150 meters.

You need to open your template, in the Toolspace -> Settings tab ->Right Click on the drawing name -> Edit Drawing Settings -> Units and Zone tab -> Drawing units: -    set to Meters

I would also ensure the check box "Set Autocad variables to match" is checked.

Click ok.

When the above is done, all locked viewport scales get changed from their existing scale to a new scale 1000 times the original. for example, the 1:150 scale of 1 paper millimeter = 150 drawing millimeters gets changed to 1:150_1 with setting of 1 paper millimeter = 150 meters. So you need to change the viewport scales back to their original scales.

Save the template.

Go back to your drawing and create your section sheets again.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 9 of 9

Hello all,

It is working.Big thanks to andrewpuller.

But I can't understand it.

Pls give me some links to get full knowlege about "Headling scale in AutoCAD and Civil 3D".

Chamara Prasanna
Sri Lanka

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report