Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plotting a geomap

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
alexkonieczka
1734 Views, 6 Replies

plotting a geomap

I have some dwgs made with bing maps but it now say's service is discontinued.

I used geomap and the aerial comes in but it will not plot.

Is is possible to plot the aerial in the background through some process of proceedure?

thanks, alex

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadguru42
in reply to: alexkonieczka

No. Autodesk is either unwilling or unable to get licensing to allow the plotting of the aerials or any part of the geomap system.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 3 of 7
tcorey

@alex wrote:

Is is possible to plot the aerial in the background through some process of proceedure?

thanks, alex

You can PrintScreen and make a png file. Here's a screeshot I made from a geomap and then inserted into a drawing. I added some (ugly) linework in red.

This can be printed.My screenshot

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 7

Another way: you could load the Bing map into Quantum Gis, save it as Geotiff, which you'll import back in Autocad (command _MAPIINSERT).

Message 5 of 7

I will have to look into that. one problem is my project has 24x36 images of an oblique regional view of a county.

The sid files for the county are about 2 dozen and are 660mb each and trying to plot them locks up my machine.

I tried converting them to low res jpegs once and that did not pan out too well but maybe if I kept playing with the settings I can get it to work.  If I remember correctly, geotif's did not do well in oblique view but I will have to reinvestigate that or maybe there is another format option available. The other suggestion of a screen capture will not produce a good quality full size print but maybe i could try tiled screen captures.

thanks, alex

Message 6 of 7
neilyj666

Although using the screenshot method raises possible copyright infringement issues...:)

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 7 of 7
neilyj666
in reply to: antoniovinci

....but wouldn't be necessary if you have Raster Design installed......allegedly...:)

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report