AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*H Gohel
Message 11 of 15 (72 Views)

Re: PLINEGEN on alignments, profiles

11-12-2004 07:14 AM in reply to: *Dave D
"Dave Simeone" wrote in message news:4192245c_2@newsprd01... > > Are there cases where you're drafting anything other than EG surface profile > lines as a dashed linetype? Would you ever draft the FG profile line as > dashed? Maybe the EOP or other offset lines may be dashed lines? I've looked at all the responses to this so far, and it seems like most of you are asking for the application PLINEGEN to EG and Superimposed profiles, not FG profiles. My thinking is that FG profiles usually don't have those small segments that make it look continuous in places when the PLINEGEN setting is not applied. Is that correct? Ofcourse, you can still apply a line type to the FG profile, just that PLINEGEN would not apply... -- Himanshu Gohel. Civil3D Team, Autodesk, Inc.
*Brian Hailey
Message 12 of 15 (72 Views)

11-12-2004 07:21 AM in reply to: *Dave D
Hi Himanshu, You are probably right, the FG profiles USUALLY don't have the small segments but, why limit their versatility? Is it that much more difficult to program the FG plinegen than the EG plinegen? Why not just do them all and let the user decide how they would look best? -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM > I've looked at all the responses to this so far, and it seems like most of > you are asking for the application PLINEGEN to EG and Superimposed > profiles, > not FG profiles. My thinking is that FG profiles usually don't have those > small segments that make it look continuous in places when the PLINEGEN > setting is not applied. Is that correct? Ofcourse, you can still apply a > line type to the FG profile, just that PLINEGEN would not apply... > > -- > Himanshu Gohel. Civil3D Team, Autodesk, Inc. > >
*Don Reichle
Message 13 of 15 (72 Views)

11-12-2004 08:06 AM in reply to: *Dave D
Hey Himanshu; In seconding Brian's motion, I will put forth the suggestion that it will likely occur to us (probably sooner rather than later) to use FG profiles to identify Future conditions as well, and so we would find the ability to use either simple or complex linetypes a necessity. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:4194d502$1_3@newsprd01... > Hi Himanshu, > > You are probably right, the FG profiles USUALLY don't have the small > segments but, why limit their versatility? Is it that much more difficult > to program the FG plinegen than the EG plinegen? Why not just do them all > and let the user decide how they would look best? > > -- > Brian Hailey > LDT2005 > C3D2005 > XP Pro - SP 2 > P4 2.8GHz > 1.00 GB of RAM > >> I've looked at all the responses to this so far, and it seems like most of >> you are asking for the application PLINEGEN to EG and Superimposed >> profiles, >> not FG profiles. My thinking is that FG profiles usually don't have those >> small segments that make it look continuous in places when the PLINEGEN >> setting is not applied. Is that correct? Ofcourse, you can still apply a >> line type to the FG profile, just that PLINEGEN would not apply... >> >> -- >> Himanshu Gohel. Civil3D Team, Autodesk, Inc. >> >> > >
*H Gohel
Message 14 of 15 (72 Views)

11-12-2004 12:41 PM in reply to: *Dave D
"Don Reichle" wrote in message news:4194dfa1$1_2@newsprd01... >In seconding Brian's motion, I will put forth the suggestion that it will likely occur to us (probably > sooner rather than later) to use FG profiles to identify Future conditions as well, and so we would > find the ability to use either simple or complex linetypes a necessity. Keep in mind Don, that you can already assign line types to all profiles in C3D by editing the profile style and setting the lintype and linetype scale appropriately. The issue is only with regard to PLINEGEN, i.e. an AutoCAD setting for PLINEs to indicate that the linetype pattern should continue across vertices. -- Himanshu Gohel. Civil3D Team, Autodesk, Inc.
*Don Reichle
Message 15 of 15 (72 Views)

11-12-2004 02:22 PM in reply to: *Dave D
Yes, I realize that, Himanshu, and I still agree that whatever linetype we assign should appear continuous through the vertices, and not stop and start at each one. This would especially be true for the complex linetypes with embedded text. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "H Gohel" wrote in message news:41952014_3@newsprd01... > "Don Reichle" wrote in message > news:4194dfa1$1_2@newsprd01... > >>In seconding Brian's motion, I will put forth the suggestion that it will > likely occur to us (probably >> sooner rather than later) to use FG profiles to identify Future >> conditions > as well, and so we would >> find the ability to use either simple or complex linetypes a necessity. > > Keep in mind Don, that you can already assign line types to all profiles > in > C3D by editing the profile style and setting the lintype and linetype > scale > appropriately. The issue is only with regard to PLINEGEN, i.e. an AutoCAD > setting for PLINEs to indicate that the linetype pattern should continue > across vertices. > > -- > Himanshu Gohel. Civil3D Team, Autodesk, Inc. > >
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.