Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLINE SUB ASSYS.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
alexkonieczka
255 Views, 7 Replies

PLINE SUB ASSYS.

I DREW SOME ELIPSES IN PLINE MODE, CREATED SUB ASSY FROM PLINE AND ADDED THEM TO 2 ASSEBLIES WITH A VERTICAL LINK OF -3 AND MADE A CORRIDOR. WHEN I PROJECT THE CORRIDOR THEY DO NOT SHOW UP BUT IF I WAS TO TAKE, SAY, A STOCK CURB AND ATTACH IT IT SHOWS UP.

I TRIED MAKING A CODE SET FOR EACH PIPE BUT APPARENTLY AM MISSING SOMETHING AS NOTHING I TRY SEEMS TO WORK.

THANKS, ALEX

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
owenmull
in reply to: alexkonieczka

Well, without having a ton of info here, I'll take a shot.

You made a code set, great.

Did you apply the codes to all the proper Links, Points, and Shapes?

Click on your subassembly and up on the ribbon there is an option to add a code. Add the links (the lines), the points, and shapes (the fill) to the corresponding code in your code set style.

For example, I have a subassembly in the shape of a rectangle, with 4 points, NE, NW, SE, and SW. Let's say its a pavement structure. I want the following codes to be in the sub: ETW, CROWN, PAVE1, TOP, and DATUM. I add code TOP to the top line (link), I add ETW to the NW corner point, I add CROWN to the NE corner point, I add DATUM to the bottom line (link), and I add all four (4) enclosing lines (links) as shape code PAVE1.

This tells the Corridor what feature lines to draw, and what links to use. Without that, the Corridor doesnt have any data, other than uncoded links, points, and shapes, and without that coding in the subassembly, it doesn't draw anything.

Looking at your picture, it seems that the links are uncoded and that you have no points coded. 

Try that.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

You say you created an ellipse in polyline mode, meaning you had PELLIPSE set to 1? I tried it and it worked for me, without using any codes.

Post your drawing...

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 8
alexkonieczka
in reply to: tcorey

THE DWG IS ABOUT 5MB AND HAS A LOT OF REFERENCES SO I AM NOT SURE IF POSTING IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA. I STARTED A NEW SIMPLE DWG AND SET PELLIPSE TO 1 AND IT WORKED FINE JUST AS YOU DID.

IN ANOTHER SIMPLE TEST DWG I HAD MADE AN ASSEMBLY WITH A MARKED POINT AND ASSIGNED A MARKER STYLE TO IT AND IT WORKED FINE BUT NOT IN THIS DWG FOR SOME REASON.

I PUT IN C/L AND RW MARKERS IN THIS DWG THE SAME WAY BUT IT WOULD NOT DO A PIPE SYMBOL THAT SAME WAY.

IT IS BAFFLING TO ME WHY IS DOES NOT WORK IN THIS DWG.

THANKS, ALEX

ARIABLE THAT NEEDS TO BE INCREASED?

Message 5 of 8
alexkonieczka
in reply to: tcorey

I WENT BACK TO THE MARKED POINT/BLOCK IN ASSEMBLY METHOD AND IN PLAN VIEW AND OBJECT VIEW OF THE CORRIDOR SHOWS IT IS IN OK.

NOW THE PROBLEM IS WHY IT WILL NOT SHOW UP IN THE SECTIONS.

THE SMALL VERTICAL CYAN LINES ARE THE NOTE TEXT.

MAYBE BECAUSE THERE IS NOT A STRING CONNECTING THEM IS WHY IT DOES NOT SHOW UP.

Message 6 of 8
owenmull

Again, it needs codes in order to know what to draw. It is just placing that assembly every 50' (or whatever frequency you have selected) but without coding of the points in the assembly, it doesnt draw anything.

What it does, is at every frequency interval, say 50', it places your assembly, and draws lines between matching point codes. That is what creates the corridor. With no codes, it draws no lines. 

Go back and code the subassembly, update everything in your corridor, then sample the corridor, and re-draw your sections.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017
in reply to: owenmull

THIS IS WHAT MY ASSYS LOOK LIKE (I PUT A LABEL IN THE BLOCK TOO FOR NOW TO SEE IF THAT WOULD WORK). (I AM GETTING SIZE LIMIT ERROR MESSAGES ON THIS POST) NOT SURE WHAT STEP I AM MISSING.

Message 8 of 8
owenmull

Once you've created your subassembly from polyline, click on it, and you get the following options. 

Proceed as illustrated with the propor codes.

Codes.png

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report