Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plex.Earth - Import KML into AutoCAD

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lkaliakatsos
3172 Views, 2 Replies

Plex.Earth - Import KML into AutoCAD

Hello everybody,

I'm proud to announce that since yesterday has shipped the new release of our software, Plex.Earth 2.4, which among several other improvements brings a brand new feature: Import KML.

Specifically now with the PXIMPORTKML command is possible to import KML, automatically into the selected coordinate system.

So, why am I telling you this? Obviously, because I need your help! Smiley Happy

Our ambition was to make it "smart", meaning to be able to recognize the supposed type for any element in the KML. Thus, except points and polylines/3d polylines, it will recognize when it must create Lines, Hatches, Text, 3d Faces etc. It also retains the color and the transparency (when applicable).

Even though it has already been intensively tested internally, the truth is out there. So, we desperately need your feedback. We know this is a very commonly requested feature, so we invite you to download it from our website and wear your (old & dusted) suit of the "bad-guy", find your nasty KMLs, and give it a lesson.

We just want to know whether it gave you the expected results or not - that's exactly the reason we call it "beta" until March 31st, 2011.

So, am I asking for your help without even a small reward? No... for the very bad-guys we keep a 10% discount coupon for whenever (and whether) you decide to get into a subscription. Just don't forget to tell us before March 31st. E-mail us at support [at] plexscape [dot] com.

It runs in AutoCAD 2007-2011 (and verticals) and you can download the setup file from here:

http://www.plexscape.com

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Lambros

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Murph_Map
in reply to: lkaliakatsos

Does it create AutoCAD objects or keep it as kml objects? What's the final cost for this going to be? I'll look at it and try to break if for you later.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 3
lkaliakatsos
in reply to: Murph_Map

Hi Murph,

Yes, it does create AutoCAD objects. No DXF's or other indirect workarounds. Just objects directly created into AutoCAD As for the final cost, it's not going to have any extra fee. It will be included in all the available subscription plans of Plex.Earth.

I'm looking forward to hearing that you broke it! Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Lambros

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report