Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE?! PROFILE VIEW - ROTATION

61 REPLIES 61
Message 1 of 62
jfalkowski
9470 Views, 61 Replies

PLEASE?! PROFILE VIEW - ROTATION

It still amazes me after all these years that one cannot simply rotate a profile view.  It has to be literally, the only Civil 3D object that cannot be rotated.  It can't possibly be that difficult to give us the option between UCS and View like a lot of other labels and objects.

It is so frustrating to have your design in one axis and your profiles stuck in World UCS.  I know you can create two model space views and twist the profile but if I wanted to work in a tiny little viewport I would switch back to my old17" monitor.  Btw, working through the viewport in paper space in not a viable option either, although I know Autodesk must love this.  I guess I could also export data out and XREF it back in to rotate it but that's a PITA too!

Jon

IDSP '15 SP3 / '16 SP2
Dell Mobile Precision 7720 - Core i7-7820HQ / Win 10 / 32GB Ram / SSD / Quadro M1200

61 REPLIES 61
Message 61 of 62
CADmgrMike
in reply to: randyspear6624

I just have to say I find this conversation very amusing that it's went on for 4 years! LOL

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/
Message 62 of 62
TRPetzold
in reply to: jfalkowski

I use a lisp program called "twistit".

Try it, it works great!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report