Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP! having trouble connecting to ArcSDE 10

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
299 Views, 0 Replies

PLEASE HELP! having trouble connecting to ArcSDE 10

I am trying to connect to our read-only database using the “add ArcSDE connection.”

When I try to login, I get the error message:

The specified credentials are not valid or the provider is unable to establish a connection.

The ArcSDE runtime was not found (module sde91.dll)

That’s as far as I get.  I have copied all the dll’s and added the needed info to the service file as well.

So then I tried using “add ArcGIS connection” to connect to our read-only database, and it will let me login. But when I try to connect, it gets hung on reading the schema.

However, I can connect to our editing database (layers are registered as versioned) using “add ArcGIS connection” without any problems.

Once I’ve made the ArcGIS connection (to the editing database), then it will allow me to connect to our read-only database (layers are not registered as versioned) using “add ArcSDE connection.”

I want to be able connect to the read-only database, without having to connect to the editing database at all.

IS THIS POSSIBLE?  COULD THIS BE A BUG?

Tags (2)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report