Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Explain PDMODE variable!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cfoflynn
11215 Views, 4 Replies

Please Explain PDMODE variable!

I'm running Civil 3D 2008.  Everything was fine until I changed the PDMODE from 0 to 4 (followed instructions online to break a line up into equal sections.) Now all my notes and labels and profile view text have suddenly become very large within my viewport as if they were annotative.  I've checked there properties and they are all set to standard.  I've messed around with annotative scaling within the viewport and it seemed to change the size of the text which doesn't make sense becuase the text is set to standard.  Text with a text height of .1" was showing up in my viewport perfectly, then I messed with the PDMODE variable and it is now huge (but still set to .1")  What gives?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: cfoflynn

As far as I know the PDMODE only changes the display of an AUTOCAD POINT, i.e., whether it is a point, a cross, etc.  So something else is causing your problems.

Bill

Message 3 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: wfberry

Correct Bill and some Marker style use acad points.

For the OP if you aer dividing an entity and do not want to upset the cart by changing PDMODE, create a block in your template specifically for this task and when you use the divide or measure command select the block option on the command line and use your dedicated block or anyother that may suit your needs

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
AllenJessup

You can use the DDPTYPE command to check both the size and style for the points. But like others I can't see how PDMODE would affect the display of text.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
juan.garcia

Regenarate and they will again be in a normal size.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report