Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan view View Ports stop displaying data in civil 3d 2013

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
E_Shaft
850 Views, 13 Replies

Plan view View Ports stop displaying data in civil 3d 2013

Ive created a 20 tab plan and profile drawing with a total of 40 VP's at 1:100 scale. This was created by using the create view frames comand and create sheets comand combined with a plan and profile dwt., my maxactvp is set to 64. While annotating each tab I qsave once im done, I made it to about the 14th tab when i got a message that stated the qsave didnt function correctly and a recover of the drawing is recomended, I audited the drawing with no errors found, my drawing then fatal errored.

When I opened the drawing back up my plan view VP's are blank and show no data what so ever. It is still a view port and I can see the frame in paper space, I can even open the VP to model space, unlock it and zoom extents to see my project.  I can finally get my view ports back to normal by zooming extents and zooming back into the stations per the profile but this is very time consuming. I fixed the drawing this way yesterday but now that i made it to tab 20 it has done the same thing and the VP's are blank again. how do i get this to stop and the view ports to maintain the data seeing as i need to have this done in the next couple of days and cant waste the time zooming in and out of these view ports every time i need to print this set. I have been creating sheets this way since 2011 and have never ran into this

please help!!!!

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
E_Shaft
in reply to: E_Shaft

attached is a picture of a sheet showing the blank viewport

Message 3 of 14
ArchD

Maybe your MAXACTVP is set to a low number? I believe this only works for one layout, but it could possibly work for viewports arcoss multiple layouts.

Archie Dodge
Applications Expert - Infrastructure Solutions Division
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 4 of 14
E_Shaft
in reply to: ArchD

my MAXACTVP is set to 64

Message 5 of 14
ArchD

Can you create another viewport? Will it display the objects?

Archie Dodge
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 6 of 14
E_Shaft

I created another VP for one drawing yesterday but it did the same thing as soon as i got the message stating that qsave didnt function correctly and a recover is recomended , it is currently not displaying any data like the rest of my tabs

Message 7 of 14
ArchD

It may be a good thing to do an insert of that drawing into a new drawing, explode the block that it inserts, purge all, and then import the current drawing's layout into the new drawing using the Design Center. This should give you the same drawing, but hopefully without the corruption. Make sure to do a purge and an audit before doing the insert.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas. Sorry. Smiley Sad

Archie Dodge
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 8 of 14
E_Shaft

how do i import the layout through design center?

Message 9 of 14
ArchD

Make sure you are currently in the new drawing, and open DC by Cntl+2, then go to the open drawing tab at the top, find the old drawing, expand it, find layouts and right-click on the ones you want and import.

Archie Dodge
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 10 of 14
E_Shaft

Thanks for the help but unfortunatley it just adds the lay out as is with no info displayed in the viewports..

Message 11 of 14
ArchD

You said you created new viewports in a drawing yesterday, but can you create a new one in this drawing that's not showing anything and zoom in on the same location? I've had a similar issue before and a new viewport fixes it.

Archie Dodge
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 12 of 14
Jay_B

Have you selected the Viewport with Properties Pallete open & verified the Viewport type is set to "Plan"?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 13 of 14
E_Shaft
in reply to: Jay_B

yeah i verified it was set to plan before i posted my question, thank you though

Message 14 of 14
E_Shaft

Im 99% positive the problem was caused by the dynamically linked north arrows i had added to the plan view VP's. the reason i believe this is cause is because i created new VP's for all sheets, deleting VP's and reassociating the north arrows to the new VP's. Once i had finished associating the last north arrow i qsaved and recieved the same message that the qsave didnt function correctly and a recover is recomended. During the qsave the north arrow on the sheet kept appering and disappering, this glitch then removed all data from the new plan  VP's i had created and showed blank again. When i went back and recreated all the VP's again i exploded the north arrows and havent received the message since.

Ive also tried it on a new drawing to recreate the problem and had the same results. Once i added north arrows from the menu i receive the same message of a recovery is recomended. I then exploded the north arrows on the new drawing and added new viewports, the problem now seems to be fixed and im not getting the message any more on either drawing when i work on them

Thanks to all for their comments and assistance

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report