Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLAN AND PROFILE SHEET CREATION NOT WORKING

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
552 Views, 7 Replies

PLAN AND PROFILE SHEET CREATION NOT WORKING

Hard to describe so I have attached a PDF to help.  It appears that I have two profiles plotting at the same time but there is ONLY one in my model space.  Also, I get this black box on each sheet....Help!?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

If you go into MS of the Viewport and select each profile individually, are they named exactly the same?

One quick way to view pfl name is upper right of Conextual profiles ribbon.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

I have only one profile in drawing.

Message 4 of 8
Jay_B

I realize that, but it appears from your caption and from your post, it would appear as though there are 2 red dashed lines (profiles).

So what I'm suggesting is the first thing I would do if I were in your situation is try to select those lines individually or to learn if they are all part of the same entity?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

So I managed to check the sheet's model view and the extra profile says it is an xref.  I detach the xref and all my data from the topo disappears except for the line representing the alignment.  No surface data or corridor exists but at least the black box like thing at the ends of my alignment in the plan view have disappeared.  I checked to see if there is an xref in my original drawing and there is not....so where is this xref coming from?  It appears to be plotting two different drawings with different data?

Message 6 of 8
Jay_B

"So I managed to check the sheet's model view and the extra profile says it is an xref."

That was one of my suspicions, did you create the Plan/Prof sheets if you chose Layout in new drawing

it would create the xref's.

As far as the profile on top of profile this can happen by clicking on an area of an existing profile view when prompted for profile insertion point etc. To avoid this just click in open space of drawing creating sheets from and xrefd pfl wont appear in the pfl viewport.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 7 of 8
Jay_B

Take a look at the xref manager before detaching it, basically your detaching the topo and profile drawing the sheet was created from. You're going to want that xref to stay. Most likely if you recreate the sheet following my previous tip on profile insertion, pfl will only show as the created dref in VP.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Yes...I was clicking inside the profile within the drawing which caused the profile problem.  That problem is now solved.

My next problem is that there is a grey/black space at the matchline areas.  So outside the matchline it is grey.

I would like to thank you very much for your patience in helping me.  You have been more help than the tech support line I had called.  I am so close to having this stuff all solved.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report