Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan & Profile Bands are shrinking - Civil 3D 2010

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
458 Views, 6 Replies

Plan & Profile Bands are shrinking - Civil 3D 2010

When I am doing my plan and profiles I have come across a couple of instances where when I am ready to plot or just switching over to the layout tab that the bottom bands of my profile have shrunk.  Is thereanything that i can do to stop this or to easily restore them back to normal size?  Could this be a Civil 3D 2010 issue or more likely an issue with the template that we had built for our company.

Thanks

Sherry

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It could be you annotation scale in the bottom right isn't set correctly or your profile style text size setting I would guess. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I've been having this issue as well.  Did you ever figure out what the problem was?

Message 4 of 7
AllenJessup

As dibr0804 wrote. The most likely explanation is that the viewport scale is something other than the drawing scale. The drawing scale is set on the prospector tab by rt-clicking the drawing name, selecting Edit Drawing Setup and  going to the Units and Zone tab.

If that isn't the problem, try posting more details.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

I wish it were that simple.  The drawing scale, viewport scale, and scale in model space are all 1:250.  The odd thing is that I have two layouts in one drawing.  Both profiles have six bands stacked on the bottom.  Both look fine on the screen but when I use print preview or actually plot the one is fine and on the other the band spacing goes haywire....they almost stack on top of each other.  I've checked every setting I can think of but everything is identical between the two profile views, view ports, layouts etc. 

Message 6 of 7
AllenJessup

Ouch!. It's probably the regen that happens at the beginning of the plot that causes the shift. But I don't know what the problem could be in the first place.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

My co-worker just suggested a sollution that worked: copy the offending viewport so that one viewport shows only the profile view itself and the other just shows the bands.  Then line up the viewports so that it looks like one.  It now plots fine!  It doesn't make any sense but I'll take it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report