AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

jake.ingle
Message 1 of 2 (110 Views)

Placing 3d objects on surface

110 Views, 1 Replies
11-01-2012 04:36 PM

hello,

I'm just trying to get a grasp on Civil 3d and could use some advice on placing a 3d drawing from autocad onto a surface. So what I have is some survey points that I shot and turned into a surface. Now I would like to place  3d drawings of  features onto the surface.I would like to shift the features around and find the right spots for them taking into consideration slope and existing terrain. Then I would like to turn these placed features into survey points that can be found in the real world. Is there an easy process for something like this? Thanks

Distinguished Mentor
rl_jackson
Message 2 of 2 (105 Views)

Re: Placing 3d objects on surface

11-01-2012 04:59 PM in reply to: jake.ingle

Create a feature line , move it to the surface and then use the set points on object (measured/divide.).

C3D12-13
Win7x64 6gb
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!