Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipes not following structures in profile

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Chaznsc
340 Views, 5 Replies

Pipes not following structures in profile

I have a simple profile that I edited the inverts of the structure on. The pipe's position however didnt follow the structure invert. What have I missed that links these elements?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Chaznsc

chaz,

the structure for civil 3d pipe networks doesn't have a seperate invert to edit.   the invert elevation is taken from the pipe object.

so what you are suggesting, doesn't make sense.   try to re-state your question with more information and screen shots.

Message 3 of 6
Chaznsc
in reply to: Anonymous

1 - I edited the inverts of the STRUCTURES in the structure properties

2 - The structures look good in the profile

3 - The pipes dont play along.

See attached screen capture.Pipe

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

have you tried regen all, or reopend the structure properties box to see if the edit was saved?

Message 5 of 6
Chaznsc
in reply to: Anonymous

The structure is fine, just where I want it. Its the pipes that arent playing nice. Im sure I did it wrong, but thought I'd ask.

Message 6 of 6
JeffPaulsen

Dan,

You can change pipe inverts on the connected pipes tab in the structure properties.

Chaz,

There are no labels in your the image you posted but it looks like you may have accidentally reversed the invert in and the invert out. Do you think that may be the case? I prefer to change the inverts in the pipe properties. If you check the pipe properties do the inverts match what you typed in the structure properties? I would assume they do.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report