Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipes Display

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
379 Views, 5 Replies

Pipes Display

Has anybody attempted to get techinical with pipes display? We are trying to get our pipes to look like a solid dashed linetype that is drawn to scale. What we have done is asigned ansi 31 hatch pattern to have an angle paralell to the pipe and a small hatch scale value to plot solid. Sometimes this works and sometimes is does not. We are trying to get something close to the attatched picture and are willing to compromise. Also, while trying to figure this out I noticed that these hatch patterns are view aligned as well. Is there anyway to turn this feature off?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I've been doing something similar that been working fine so far. I have the inner walls drawn as a solid line and hatch to the inner walls of the pipe with 'plast' ar 90 degrees and a scale of 10. The 'plast' hatch is actually tree lines crossing the pipe but the pen width, 0.35 mm, and the hatch scale make it appear as one fat line. The inner walls are also 0.35 so the fat hatch lines don't protrude thru the walls. My only problem with this is that the hatching follows the properties of the current layer .... even in an xref. It can be fixed, or worked around, by setting the drawings to layer 0 prior to plotting.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

New to the board.....
We are currently in the process setting up our office styles, switched over to C3D a week ago. Hopefully this suggestion isn't to simplistic and will work for you.
Our office standard is a similar line type to what you posted. We went into Pipe Styles, Plan tab, and in the Pipe Centerline options select Specify Width: Draw to inner walls. Then in the Pipe Styles, Display tab, make Plan Pipe Centerline the only visible line.
By doing this we eliminated the need for hatch settings in the plan view. Hopefully this will help.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Could I see a screen capture of this setting?

I don't see this in 06 so it must be something they added in 07.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Sorry, I didn't mention that we are using '07. Hopefully this will somehow translate to '06 for you.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

yup, it's an 07 addition. 06 doesn't have the pipe centerline options at all.

Thanks for posting the solution and the screen shot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report