Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe trench Volume

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
elaine3051
2340 Views, 22 Replies

Pipe trench Volume

I need to obtain excavation volume for a pipe trench over 6000 feet. The pipe cover varies and there are areas along the pipe network that are being bored and not excavated. So far I have never had any experience with corridors. In land Desktop I could build a template and attach to an alignment. Any suggestions on how to approach obtaining these quanities. Please be specific. Is there anything in tutorials or blogs that would help me approach this in a orderly manner. I'm thinking I need to build an alignment the 6 inches beneath my pipe invert and offset for the trench width.Of course I'm under the gun here.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
jmayo-EE
in reply to: elaine3051

The xml data should open or paste into excel nicely.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 22 of 23
tore.lindell
in reply to: fcernst

Out of office so I´m not quite sure but if you make a Volume Table.

Right click on the Table and you will find Export to Excel.

Message 23 of 23
elaine3051
in reply to: elaine3051

Want to thank everyone for their help. I finished out my xsection volume report and also had a composite quantity from the existing and proposed surface. Quite pleased with myself. My boss came in at 2 to tell me we needed to move the alignment further from a fiber optics line and could I have that info by 5 today? Lets see I am going to move the alignment, rebuild/relocate 11,000' of pipe network, rebuild a feature line along the new pipe, create a new trench surface, obtain comparitive volumes, recreate cross sections and obtain quanities, iron out any glitches and print all out for 5??? Uh no. Ya'll have a great weekend. i learned a lot and ya'll pointed me to some great info. Much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report