Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Styles

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
suribe
423 Views, 4 Replies

Pipe Styles

I'm trying to display a pipe network with a certain pipe style, and in the same file display a profile of that pipe network with a different pipe style(crossing pipe style). When I change the plan pipe network, the profile pipe changes as well. I was wondering if one pipe can take on different pipe styles in the same file?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: suribe

Yes, in the ProfileView properties, find the PipeNetwork tab, Here you can specify part style overrides for display in the profile.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
suribe
in reply to: Jeff_M

Ahh... Yes. That's what I was looking for. Thanks.

Let me ask you a question...

Is there a way to automatically set a pipe network so that when you draw it in profile, it automatically takes on a style, for instance if the pipe is a crossing then it will draw in the profile as a crossing style? Instead of going through the profile properties and manually overriding the styles.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: suribe

No, there isn't. It would be nice if C3D recognizd that the crossing style would be needed, but it does not do so yet. 

If you find a response which answers your question, please be sure to accept the actual post which helped you as the solution. This will help future searchers quickly find answers to their own questions. Thanks!

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 5
suribe
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks. It would be nice to have civil automatically know what type of pipe condition it needs to display on the profile.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report