Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Styles

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Joe-Bouza
1604 Views, 4 Replies

Pipe Styles

I can't believe I haven't encountered this yet. I have a drawing with a couple of profiles and some pipe networks. One alignment is collinear with the pipe network and another crosses the networks. I want to show the pipe crossing as well as the longitudinal on it companion alignment. If I set the profile setting for the pipe display to show the pipes crossing I don't get the longitudinal and if I try to assign the different style to the crossing pipes the plan view disappears. So, how should I set my styles to get a crossing pipe and a longitudinal in the same file?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Create a style for the crossing display. Assign this style to the pipe's Style Override in the ProfileView properties Pipe networks tab.

3-23-2011 1-08-54 PM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Jeff_M

Perfect. I was lookig for something like that but couldn't see through my panic Smiley Very Happy

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 5
cfiorica
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

This also helped me with a different problem I was having (so far at least).  I would change the pipe style to my XING pipe style, save and leave the drawing.  When I opened the drawing...all my xing's had changed back to a non-xing style!  I tried it with the override and so far the styles seem to stick.  This tip would have come in handy on another drawing long since gone now.  Thanks!

Carl M. Fiorica, P.E., LEED A.P.
BWE, Inc
9494 Balboa Ave, Ste 270
San Diego, CA 92123
Message 5 of 5
JACUser
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thank You

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report