Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe structure won't show up in profile view

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
hdn9298
23513 Views, 10 Replies

Pipe structure won't show up in profile view

I've been having a problem with a pipe structure not showing up in a profile view.  I have a single pipe network with everything (pipes and other structures) showing up in the profile when I select them, right-click, and click on "Draw Parts in Profile".  Like I said, this works for all the other pipes and structures in the profile except one.  When I select the structure individually and try to draw it into the profile, it still won't work.  A friend told me to make sure that the structure is within the surface, and it is.

Any thoughts on this?  I'm using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
scottkent
in reply to: hdn9298

Hi hdn9298,

I don't mean to be simplistic, but a few things come to mind: Is the structure within the limits of the alignment/profile?  If the structure has a different style than the others (an override), is that style configured to show in profile view?   Also, if the alignment doubles back on itself, the software has been known to get confused on exactly which station the structure is at.  If you want to send me the drawing, I can take a look.

Scott Kent P.E.

Senior QA Analyst II

IPG – Information Modeling

and Platform Products Group          

Autodesk, Inc.

100 Commercial Street

Manchester, NH  03101

scott.kent@autodesk.com

Scott Kent P.E.
Senior QA Analyst II
Infrastructure Collaboration Products

Autodesk, Inc.
100 Commercial Street
Manchester, NH 03101
Message 3 of 11
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: scottkent

To add to Scott's suggestions: does the structure properties indicate the expected surface elevation?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 11
wfberry

My guess is that the structure in question is at one end or the other of your alignment, and the alignment does not go beyond the structure.

Bill

Message 5 of 11
jmayo-EE

You can also check to see if the stc has a 'hidden' style override assigned in the profile view.

Profile View Properties dialog, pipe networks tab. Locate your stc and go to the last column. See if an override is assigned.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
hdn9298
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Thank you, everyone, for the suggestions.  It turns out that Mr. Bouza made the suggestion that solved the problem.  The insert rim elevations were set too high, beyond my profile's scale.  Thanks again, I was at a loss over what was happening, but now I know to check the elevations!

Message 7 of 11
Joe-Bouza

HTH.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 8 of 11
rkmcswain

I have a user with this same issue (Civil 3D 2015, up to date)

Audit/Recover do not show any errors.

One (of 7) structures will draw and show correctly in the profile view, the other 6 do not.

They are all the same style, no overrides.

There are no looping alignments, etc.

If we create a duplicate profile grid in the same drawing, ALL of the structures draw just fine in this grid.

As a workaround, we're going to copy the second grid (with the structures) on top of the first and then hide all elements of the second grid, by using a style that does so.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 9 of 11
DRU33
in reply to: rkmcswain

I suffered the same issue until I realized that it was happening due to the fact that I had been renaming manholes as I added them, leaving the profile confused as to which ones were being drawn (basically duplicating and replacing the first manhole in my network string and the grid thinking it had already drawn MH-1).  Try deleting the structure or pipes in the view and re-adding them after a PU/AU.  worked great for me.  Probably why they drew just fine in the duplicate view you created.

Cheers

Message 10 of 11

Hi All,

I'm having the same problem, can't get a manhole to appear in a profile, and I've tried everything listed here.

No good.

Any other ideas?

Message 11 of 11

The lazy hack option I've figured out is extending the alignment a smidge, so it goes beyond the centre point of the Manhole. Then it'll appear in the profile elevation.

I'm uncomfortable with this inaccuracy, but I need to move on to the next task.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report