Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe structure not correct in profile view

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jmayo-EE
291 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe structure not correct in profile view

Has anyone had an issue with the crossing connections in a structure depicting an incorrect invert in profile views? Some background info.

In the attached image we have plan, 3d and profile views. The plan view depicts everything correct.

In 3d view we see the pipe sticking out of the bottom of the stc it's connected to.

In profile view the stc label shows the correct invert but the profile view shows the 18" pipe 6" below the stc. This pipe has a 2" thickness in part builder...

All structures have a .001" thick floor so the stc's appear in profile view at the bottom of pipe. This company does not like to show floor thickness because it gets confused with a sump. The incorrect invert happens on a few stc's not all.

The pipe IS connected to the structure.

Swapping pipe or stc does not help.

Adding a floor thickness helps keep the pipe inside the stc but the profile view still depicts the wrong invert.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

John Mayo

EESignature

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I have also tried to make a new part in the part list with a 6" floor and replace the stc. no fix.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
lsimms1
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Any chance your profile view scale does not match your drawing scale?

Is it a dref or within the drawing?

Is it possible this is a 0 length pipe attached to the structure rather than the "real" pipe?

Message 4 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: lsimms1

I fixed it in a copy of the file and I can't reproduce the fix....Just my luck...

It is a live netwrok not a dref.

No zero length pipe listed in panarama or to select...

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report