Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Slope Question

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
adalrymple2010
243 Views, 2 Replies

Pipe Slope Question

HI, I am working on drafting a subdivision. I have a storm and sewer system that have curves to follow the centerline of the road but do not have manholes at the curves. So I end up having a straight run to a curve then back to a straight run. Is there a way to have these three pipes  have one slope without editing each individual pipe and connecting them back together? Or is there a way to have a start and end elev. for the the three as a total? Thank you for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sirjoelsph
in reply to: adalrymple2010

You will have to have the 3 pipes as you currently do, connected by null or otherwise invisible structures, and all assigned the same slope that you want.  But when you label them, you can use a spanning label and it will combine the 3 pipe objects into one label.

Capture.PNG

-JOEL
Message 3 of 3
KirkNoonan
in reply to: adalrymple2010

I understand your problem to be that you have horizontal deflection in your pipe run. If you need a horizontally curved pipe, that is easier.

I don't think that there is an easy way to do what you need.

If your pipe rule set is setup the way you want, then your pipes will come in at the correct slope when you draw them. You will have a problem, though, if you assign drop through your structures. Another alternative would be to create your pipe run from a feature line. The program will draw a pipe for each segment of the feature line and use the feature line elevation as the TOP or invert. The downside of this is that you can only create one run at a time and they will all end up in different networks.

If you want to edit the pipes after they are created, the easiest way is probably to edit the elevations by grip editing in a profile view. You can also use the connected pipes tab on the connecting null structures to at least get the incoming and outgoing pipe inverts to match. Another method would be to export all of the pipes out to Hydraflow, edit them there and export them back to C3D.

Something like you need would be a good addition to the wish list, if it isn't already there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report