Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Rule Set: Min Cover = 1.5'. Pipe Shows rule set but says Min Cover = 0'.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
doni49
696 Views, 7 Replies

Pipe Rule Set: Min Cover = 1.5'. Pipe Shows rule set but says Min Cover = 0'.

My rule set says that the min cover should be 1.5' (this is for a perforated under drain and that's what the structural engineer wants).  But even though the pipe shows the rule set is assigned to it, the pipe still says min cover is zero.  What am I missing?

TIA!

PipeRuleSetMinCover.png

EDIT:  As if it's not bad enough that it is putting ZERO for min cover, I needed to add three pipes.  They came in with DIFFERENT MIN/MAX COVER numbers.  Min cover is SUPPOSED to be 1.5' and Max cover is set to 10' (I left it at it's default).  But they're BOTH diff in the three new pipes.

How can I get it to apply the right info from the rule set?

PipeRuleSetMinCover2.png

TIA (again)!

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DaveM
in reply to: doni49

I dont have a great answer for this, but looking at one of my pipe networks I noticed that one of my pipes has 0 cover, but it is a pipe that has a distance without any surface above it.
Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 3 of 8
doni49
in reply to: DaveM

Thanks for the reply but that's not the case here -- the pipes are all well within the boundary of the surface.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

And your sure the surface is being referenced? (That one has gotten me before)
Message 5 of 8
doni49

Here's a screenshot showing my pipe network, the Pipe Network Tools (which shows that the surface is referenced) and the surface with boundary.

PipeRuleSetMinCover3.png

Don Ireland

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Not trying to kick a dead horse here, but verify in the pipe network vista that it is set correctly; example is that I changed my reference surface after building the design, the new surface was set only for network objects created afterwards, not going back and updating.

pipe.JPG

Message 7 of 8
doni49
in reply to: Anonymous

Ok.  Thanks.  I thought when you assinged the surface to the network, it did so for the whole network.

Don Ireland

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

You would think so, but that would take the fun out things! Glad it helped.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report