Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Networks - Structure is not connecting to pipes

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Dathan.neal
2848 Views, 2 Replies

Pipe Networks - Structure is not connecting to pipes

I have a storm drain pipe network set up. I want to add a null structure mid pipe. I use the edit network command, structures only. I get the little symbol when I hover over the pipe. The structure gets inserted and the pipe splits into 2 separate pipes. (So far, so good) When I select the structure, it says that 0 pipes are connected in my properties bar. When I select the pipes, they say that they have starting and ending structures including the one that I just created. I select the structure, right click and select connect to part, I click the pipe and it says, parts already connected. When i select the pipe and right click, I select the disconnect from part, select the structure and it says parts are not connected. When I move the structure, the pipes do not move with it.

This is very frustrating. Any suggestions??

Civil3D 2014

SP1

Windows 7 64 bit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
klugb
in reply to: Dathan.neal

Any way you can post or send a drawing with the misbehaving network?

It's working correctly here, but we have a custom parts library.

If you can't post try to email.  bruce(dot)klug(at)clark(dot)wa(dot)gov

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 3 of 3
Dathan.neal
in reply to: klugb

After messing with it some more, I figured out how to get it to work correctly.

Once I removed the DREF to some pipe networks from anohter drawing, my structures and pipes were able to be connected. So, it either doesn't like to create new pipe networks after you have used data shortcut to bring in other pipe network or the pipe network I brought it got corrupted so how.

Thanks for replying though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report