Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Networks - Invert display order

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Jay_B
1009 Views, 6 Replies

Pipe Networks - Invert display order

We are in the process of updating our pipe network structure label styles. The styles are displaying the inverts in a random order (Please see caption)  & we'd like to show the inverts in descending order from highest pipe as first text string & lowest pipe as bottom text string. Is there a way to globally tell civil 3d to always use a descending invert order? Only fix we've found is to disconnect & reconnect the parts in order to adjust invert order. But this is time consuming on large projects & would be nice if there were a more automated option?

Any help is appreciated.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: Jay_B

You can export out, sort, import back in. (Yuck!)

You could write a program to automate the sorting in C3D. 

You could look at a 3rd party application that has done the programming for you. The next release of SincpacC3D has a SortConnectedPipes command that currently sorts by pipe size. I'm sure an option could be added to sort by size or invert.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: Jeff_M

@Jeff_M wrote:

The next release of SincpacC3D has a SortConnectedPipes command that currently sorts by pipe size. I'm sure an option could be added to sort by size or invert.

This feature has been added to he next release.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 7
Grimes_MG

Did you ever find a fix/solution to this in C3D 2013 or 2014? I don't necessarily need them in any compass order, but like you, would like them from descending elevation order.

Win7 (x64), EVGA 790i, 8GB RAM, EVGA 8800GT, 250 GB iSSHDD, & RAID 0/1
Message 5 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: Grimes_MG

Civil 3d unfortunately does not have a sort function (in 2014 either) so we have purchased Sincpac 3d which does have a sort connected pipe inverts by descending order command. Multiple structures can be sorted at once.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 7
jmayo-EE

I may be mistaken but I think they list in the order of attachemnt, so disconnect all pipes and reconnect in the desired order?? Maybe??

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

...and yes this would not be a lot of fun if you have hundres of stc's...

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report