AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
BrianHailey
Message 11 of 15 (374 Views)

Re: pipe networks in section views

11-13-2012 03:58 PM in reply to: lambertb

Unfortunately, there is no way that I'm aware of to accomplish this using pipe networks. As you can see, structures are not one of the things you can project onto a section view.

Project Objects

You could create blocks on your structures that you then project but they won't change as your structures change.

Sorry I don't have a better solution for you.

Brian Hailey
CAD-1.com
My Blog
Distinguished Contributor
ksorsby
Message 12 of 15 (364 Views)

11-14-2012 01:56 AM in reply to: BrianHailey

Perhaps this is a useful feature that Autodesk could include in version 2024, after they've implemented the holographic-cloud-based-silt-monitoring toolset that we are all clamouring for.

;o)

Kevin

Contributor
IslandGirl83
Message 13 of 15 (116 Views)

03-11-2014 10:13 AM in reply to: ksorsby

Kevin,

I am trying to do just what you describe above (in Civil 3D 2011). I have an existing sample line group and I want to add a new pipe network to the sources but it is not listed under the availible sources. Did the pipe network have to be in existence when I created the sample lines? Unfortunately I am working somewhat backwards to recreate some things in some drawings for a project I just took over at a new company, so I am not taking the most straight forward approach to some things.

Thanks,

Marie

Distinguished Contributor
ksorsby
Message 14 of 15 (108 Views)

03-12-2014 02:10 AM in reply to: IslandGirl83
Hi Marie,
I think I ended up drawing it in by hand - but maybe it's changed since the 2011 version.
I don't have access to the original job anymore but I'll have a look see if it's possible now!

Kevin
Contributor
IslandGirl83
Message 15 of 15 (99 Views)

03-12-2014 05:32 AM in reply to: ksorsby

I went and created another sample line group to just see if it would be there. Once I did that the pipe network showed up as a source in the new one, but also in the old sample line group. I am not sure if now if I just missed it before, or if there was some type of reference when I went thought the creation process again. regardless IT is possible to add newly created pipe networks as a source to old sections. 

Thanks for your input!

Marie

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.