Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pipe networks in section views

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
lambertb
6032 Views, 16 Replies

pipe networks in section views

I would like to show a pipe network structure on my section view. The catch- the structure is 10' away from my sample line. Is there any way to project structures onto section views? Thanks. C3D 2011

C3D 2022 and 2024
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
ksorsby
in reply to: lambertb

Bump to this one.

Is there a way to project a pipe or structure onto section views (as opposed to pipes crossing the sample line)? If it can be done for profile views, surely it must be possible with section views?

Cheers,

Kevin

Message 3 of 17
lambertb

Is this possible in Civil 3D 2012?

C3D 2022 and 2024
Message 4 of 17
ksorsby

Not as far as I am aware. It's a surprising and important omission in my view.

Message 5 of 17
lgmunoz8651

define a a sample line section where your pipe and sctructure is located

Message 6 of 17
ksorsby
in reply to: lgmunoz8651

Yes, that looks good. What about where you have pipes running along the length of the road, ie. parallel to the alignment as opposed to perpendicular as you've shown?

Kevin

Message 7 of 17
lgmunoz8651

select your pipes and structure, right botton click and select draw in profile view go to your profile and click in any part of it

Message 8 of 17
lambertb

My problem exists due to having to make so many sample lines (one for each structure, plus the 25' normal sample lines). If a structure is a small distance away from a 25' station I would like to project it to that station. It seems like the structure station and sample line have to be the same.

C3D 2022 and 2024
Message 9 of 17
ksorsby

I think we might all be talking about slightly different things - you can right click pipes and structures and project onto a PROFILE view  as you've shown but not a SECTION view. Capitals for emphasis, not shouting! ;o)

For Section Views you can add a pipe network to the list of sources under Sample Line Group Properties and any crossing pipes/structures will magically appear on all section views under that group.

I was wondering if it was possible to just project 1 pipe or structure onto a single section view - which it appears it isn't.

Cheers,

Kevin

Message 10 of 17
lambertb
in reply to: ksorsby

Does Civil 3D 2013 allow you to project pipe network structures onto section views? For example 25' sample line spacing, a manhole at +20, can you project it to the +25 station?

Thanks.

C3D 2022 and 2024
Message 11 of 17
BrianHailey

Unfortunately, there is no way that I'm aware of to accomplish this using pipe networks. As you can see, structures are not one of the things you can project onto a section view.

Project Objects

You could create blocks on your structures that you then project but they won't change as your structures change.

Sorry I don't have a better solution for you.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 12 of 17
ksorsby
in reply to: BrianHailey

Perhaps this is a useful feature that Autodesk could include in version 2024, after they've implemented the holographic-cloud-based-silt-monitoring toolset that we are all clamouring for.

;o)

Kevin

Message 13 of 17
IslandGirl83

Kevin,

I am trying to do just what you describe above (in Civil 3D 2011). I have an existing sample line group and I want to add a new pipe network to the sources but it is not listed under the availible sources. Did the pipe network have to be in existence when I created the sample lines? Unfortunately I am working somewhat backwards to recreate some things in some drawings for a project I just took over at a new company, so I am not taking the most straight forward approach to some things.

Thanks,

Marie

Message 14 of 17
ksorsby
in reply to: IslandGirl83

Hi Marie,
I think I ended up drawing it in by hand - but maybe it's changed since the 2011 version.
I don't have access to the original job anymore but I'll have a look see if it's possible now!

Kevin
Message 15 of 17
IslandGirl83

I went and created another sample line group to just see if it would be there. Once I did that the pipe network showed up as a source in the new one, but also in the old sample line group. I am not sure if now if I just missed it before, or if there was some type of reference when I went thought the creation process again. regardless IT is possible to add newly created pipe networks as a source to old sections. 

Thanks for your input!

Marie

Message 16 of 17
craftygenius

"For Section Views you can add a pipe network to the list of sources under Sample Line Group Properties and any crossing pipes/structures will magically appear on all section views under that group."

So how is it done ?

I'm so sick of AutoCAD's 50 million menus just to do one simple **** thing.

Oh you want to do that ?  oh wait you can't do that try this work around , work around, work around, work around, work around.

Its absurd.

Message 17 of 17
Joe-Bouza

If the structure is at sta 123+25 why would you show on section 123+00?

If I had too, I'd take the extra sample and overlay, but it still sounds confusing to me
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report