Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Networks Duplication

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Kyle-Evans
824 Views, 15 Replies

Pipe Networks Duplication

Hey Everyone,

I have this problem and it keeps happening over and over and over and over again, and it is starting to get really annoying. All of my pipes in plan view are duplicating themselves and moving themselves to another part of the drawing. Now this is not normally a bad thing, but the new duplicated pipes are referencing themself to the pipes in the profiles that I originally made with the original pipes.

So if i do a structure properties on one of the duplciated structures i get a San MH 5-(1), but when i do a structure properties on the same manhole in profile view i get a San MH-5. I was thinking, ok, safe to erase and delete these extra pipes... but NO! All is not well in the world.

The pipes and structures in my profile decided to delete themselves also. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Don't know about the first part. When removing pipes or structures from a profile view you will need to remove it from the profile views properties, pipe network tab. If you delete from the profile view it removes it from all the other profile views.

Christopher
http://civil-3d.blogspot.com/
Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 3 of 16
Kyle-Evans
in reply to: Kyle-Evans

No, I havent removed anything from the profile, the duplicated plan pipes are what is causing the problem.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous

No doubt this is very annoying, but how are they 'duplicating themselves'? Is this happening when you are not looking, or doing another operation? Is the network a reference? Is it part of an xref? I'd love to help out - a little more info (and maybe even the drawing) would be great.

Thanks,
Scott Kent, PE
Test Development Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
scott.kent@autodesk.com
Message 5 of 16
Matt.Anderson

Scott -

I've noticed it in 2008 when my pipes are referenced from an original drawing, have a -->--->--> or --<--<--< centerline style. After creating the reference, and applying either the left or right style to the pipes, and "sync-ing" the drawing I get --<>---<>--<>--<>-- .

I haven't had them move - just two pipes.

Matthew Anderson, PE
Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 6 of 16
Kyle-Evans

Sorry for the lack of information here. The pipes are duplicating themselves when I am not looking. The one day they duplicated, all I was working on was pipe, surface labels. The co-worker that I am working on this project with turns around from time to time and says... we have more pipes again.... I know that if you Right Click -> Copy With Base Point on a Civil 3D object, then other Civil 3D objects just randomly start duplicating themself. But I have known about this for quite a while, and I would not allow it to happen to me again.

As for any other information, I am not sure what other tips of what I am doing I can give. It would always be after working in a Viewport, and I never Right Click and Copy with base point any more. Other than that I have no clue.

And what about the new "duplicated" pipes referencing themself to the viewport? This is most strange to me.

Also, I am not sure if it is going to make any difference, but in this particular drawing, all of my pipe labels will crash the drawing when I click on them. This does not happen when they are near the pipe. In our office, we have drawing standards where we pull the labels away from the pipes and run a leader/dimension text from structure to structure. i hope this extra information helps.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

Are you copying the labels? Could this procedure be related and you're copying the network as well?
Not saying it's your fault, just wondering if this is the cause.
Message 8 of 16
Kyle-Evans

Nope, I am not copying any labels, I make them one by one. Or just Right Click Add Label. That is abou ti t
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

I've tried to bring this to the attention of John Mayo since he had a similar situation a while
back. I seem to recall we had wondered if this was a LAN issue, with the files being
saved/transferred incorrectly... I hope you can get this worked out soon.
Message 10 of 16
Kyle-Evans

I am hoping that we can get this worked out quicker too, and if more than just I am having this problem then maybe we can all put out heads together and find a fix for this. I found a workaround for the meantime, but I do not want to rely on it, because if the pipes duplicate again, then I have to spend 3 hours redoing all the pipe labels in profile. Mainly because it keeps crashing, I move and lock one, then save, move and lock one then save. Tedious but necessary.
Message 11 of 16
Matt.Anderson

Are your pipes Data Referenced into your drawing?
Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 12 of 16
Kyle-Evans

No, we do not do Data Referencing in our office, just draw everything in the one drawing and be done with it.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous

Sindarin - can you please send me your drawing at scott.kent@autodesk.com?

Thanks,
Scott
Message 14 of 16
lsimms1

Did you ever find out the cause/fix for this?

I have noticed a few things that cause it (ie isolate objects), but have not found a good fix, and am not sure what other commands will cause this to happen.

Does 2011 do this as well?  We are hoping to upgrade soon, but still have too many bugs to work out first, so it may be as soon as I would like.

Thanks

Message 15 of 16
jmayo-EE
in reply to: lsimms1

This was an issue with the 08 release that has long been fixed in my experience. If you are using an older version, is your install updated?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 16 of 16
lsimms1
in reply to: jmayo-EE

All updates have been installed.  Guess I just have to wait till we upgrade.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report