Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pipe network vista causing crash

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
brow931
750 Views, 5 Replies

pipe network vista causing crash

We have a work station with C3D 2013 that has started crashing when trying to open the pipe network vista. We have to edit the pipes using pipe properties for the individual pipes. This makes it difficult when trying to edit a large network. The drawings work fine on other computers. It has something to do with the settings on this machine. Does anyone know what would be causing the crash when trying to open the vista window?

Scott

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
troma
in reply to: brow931

Can't answer your question, but I suggest posting the spec's of the machine that crashes & the ones that don't.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 6
brow931
in reply to: troma

The machines are exactly the same. We have our computers custom built. The computer was running fine for the past 18 months. All of the sudden, it started crashing Cad with the pipe vista window.

Message 4 of 6
klugb

We are having good success. Not sure what you consider a large network? We have one with 139 Structures and 135 pipes without crashing.

Because it works on other computers, I would consider verifying or reinstalling .NET and the video drivers, those two seem to have the biggest influence in our setups and stability. We have had instances where something other than Civil 3D/AutoCAD was installed and screwed up the .NET installation.

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 5 of 6
SethHall

I would have to agree with Bruce's suggestions and check the graphics drivers and possible .NET issues since this seems to only affect one machine. Another thing would be to try booting into diagnostic mode as there may be some third party program installed only on this machine that is causing the issue.

Graphics: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534 

.NET: http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/02/what-can-net-framework-do-to-you.html

Diagnostic Mode: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6453117&linkID=9240617

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 6 of 6
dbr
Explorer

I am having the same problem.  I have already reset all the settings in Acad and it worked.  However, now it is happening again.  There is something somewhere that it doesn't like.  I have been searching for a while.  I can't keep resetting my machine and then having to redo all my settings constantly.  There has to be a fix or some way to figure this out without having to do this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report