Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Network Table Link to Excel

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Rossm90
786 Views, 1 Reply

Pipe Network Table Link to Excel

I am trying to find a more efficient way of getting the information from the pipe network Structure and Pipe tables that civil 3D generates into excel.

As it stands I have to:

1. generate the tables,
  2. explode them
  3. use a LISP to convert them into a table
  4. export to a CSV file which is linked to the excel spreadsheet.

From this spreadsheet and I can carry out some model verification and generate a proper pit schedule for construction.

What I would ideally want is a complete dynamic link between Civil 3D to the excel spreedsheet like what you get with the dataextraction tool. That way I can just refresh my spreadsheet and verify that the model is correct. A bonus would be the ability to edit the excel sheet and import it into Civil 3D where it would update the model however this is not completely necessary.

I have heard rumours of some ad ons that have this functionality or somethign close to it and I was wondering if anyone has any expereince with this? 

If not can anyone think of something I can do to expediate the 4 step process I have highlighted above?

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Ross

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
canadabird
in reply to: Rossm90

Toolspace

Reports manager

exports whatever you want to many formats

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report