AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

sannicchiarico
Message 1 of 1 (72 Views)

Pipe Network Synchronization in 2014

72 Views, 0 Replies
07-15-2014 02:49 PM

I have recently upgraded from Civil 3D 2011 to Civil 3D 2014 and have come across 1 majour issue.  I typically create one drawing for each of my pipe networks (water, sanitary and storm) .  Each indivual drawing works fine.  The speed of the drawing is normal I can swap parts no problem etc etc.  When it comes to creating a plan profile drawing I data shortcut my 3 pipe networks into that deliverable and thats where the trouble begins.  Once I have data shortcuted a pipe network my drawing comes to a crashing hault.  The typical open time for my plan profile drawing is about 3 hours with the 3 pipe networks data shortcuted.  The drawing isn't a large file either (3.1mb).  I tested out civil 3d 2014 with the last project I completed in Civil 3d 2011.  I opened a plan profile in 2011 it took about 1-2 min, the same file took 1.5 hours to open in 2014.  Has anyone else come across this issue?  I also noticed that opening the plan profile from civil 3d took close to 3 hrs.  If civil 3d was open and I opened the drawing from windows explorer it took the same amout of time but if civil 3d 2014 was closed and I opened the drawing from windows explorer it opened in a couple minutes.  I am thinking it has something to do with the synchronizing but any input would be greatly appreciated.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.