Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Network Structure Label Layers

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
accarr03
574 Views, 6 Replies

Pipe Network Structure Label Layers

I have a pipe network created that is shown in multiple drawings.  I created labels for the structures showing Rims and Inverts.  Does anyone know how to put the Rim info on a different layer than the Invert info?  Right now the label has 3 different components...I feel like there has to be a way to put each component on different laters...anyone have thoughts?

thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: accarr03

3 different label styles on 3 different layers.  Why would you want to do this?

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 7
troma

Don't think so, sorry.  Each component can be different colours, but not layers.  You may need to make different labels to achieve what you need.  Wish they would allow componant layers though.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 7
accarr03
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Ok, thanks.  That's what I was afraid of.  I have a plan that shows the grading of the site and another plan that shows the pipes and structures.  I want to show the Rim elevations on both plans, but the Invert elevations only on the utility/piping plan.

Do you know if I use data shortcuts to bring the pipe network into my Grading plan, can I add structure labels to that plan?  Right now I have a base file with the structures and labels that is XREFed into both plans.

Message 5 of 7
sjg
Advisor

Yeah I would suggest data referencing your network into each drawing and then label your structures, this way you get more flexibility on how and what you label for each drawing.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 6 of 7
troma

What version are you working in?  I think since 2010 or 2011 you don't need to data shortcut them in if you are just adding labels.  You can just add the label to the structure in the x-ref.

So freeze off the labels that are in the x-ref and add new labels in the Grading Plan showing just the rim elevation.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 7 of 7
accarr03
in reply to: troma

I'm in Civil 3D 2012.  You're right, I don't need to data shortcut the structures in.  That's good to know...thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report