Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Network Parts not Visible (Parts List Issue?)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
t_mckenzie
1923 Views, 2 Replies

Pipe Network Parts not Visible (Parts List Issue?)

I have a user having an issue with drawing pipe networks. When they draw the pipe, the structure is not visible. A label shows up, and the structure can be found in the prospector, but is not editable in the plan view (see attached image).

I have a feeling it may be an issue with our pipe networks parts list and pipe catalog location. We have found an issue with our install that defaluts our pipes catalog to our local drives, but our parts list were created using a network drive. Several users have had an issue creating pipe networks when this has happened. However once we switched the pipe catalog to the netowrk drive the issue was resolved.

Unfortunately this user has not been as lucky as the other users. When we changed the pipe catalog location, it did not resolve the issues. If anyone has any suggestions on where to begin with fixing this that would be greatly appreciated.

FYI - I have tried the basics (layers on/thawed, pipe structure style layers on/thawed, audit and purge).

We are using Civil 3D '09.

This is holding up a project so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Tucker McKenzie

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: t_mckenzie

Strip the drawing down and post it here. Maybe one of us can figure it out for you...

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
sfore
in reply to: t_mckenzie

Just a quick thought....If you are using an annotative block for your structure style in plan view, this could be the issue for not showing up especially if the style is set to use fixed scale from part size.  Structure styles dont like blocks with annotative properties. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report