Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe network not showing up

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
dan
Explorer
5768 Views, 13 Replies

Pipe network not showing up

I have lost the ability to create a pipe network in a single drawing. Sorta. I can create a pipe network, and label it, and see it in my toolspace, but it won't display it for any style in any format. I can bring in a data reference and label those, but can not see pipe or structure outlines or anything to that end. I have tried to recover, audit, purge. I am at the end, currently creating the pipe network, data referencing it in, and then just drawing lines between the labels.

Anybody have any ideas?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Ed.McGriskin
in reply to: dan

Silly question but need to ask. All layers turned on and thawed?

Ed McGriskin, P.Eng.
Project Engineer @ HUSSON
Remember to accept the solution so others can find the solution also.
Message 3 of 14
dla4y4
in reply to: Ed.McGriskin

Whoops, forgot about my co-worker logged in. But yep. Everything turned on, nothing frozen. I literally saved a new test file, deleted everything, purged, and audited, and the problem still exists.

Message 4 of 14
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: dla4y4

If you look at your pipe properties, you are using the style Standard.  No good.  You need to use a template file.  

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 14
ToddRogers-WPM

Also, you have no parts loaded in your parts list.  You can't see something that is not there.  You have to create a part list or use a template file.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Message 6 of 14

I don't think that is the issue Todd as I have opened up the drawing as well and imported all our company settings. Still unable to draw or display pipes.Still tinkering to see if I can find out why this might be happening. 

Ed McGriskin, P.Eng.
Message 7 of 14

There are no parts in the catalog.  You can't draw parts if they are not there.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Message 8 of 14

Sorry about that Todd. I was talking to someone else at the same time I was typing my reply. Fixed my post. 

If the Pipe Catalog that the parts list references does not exist on your machine the list will come up blank I think. I know when I imported our settings, parts list and reference our pipe catalog the issue still exists. Makes me think there is a drawing setting somewhere that is causing the display issue.

Ed McGriskin, P.Eng.
Message 9 of 14
dla4y4

I copied over a few different styles and a part list from one that works and still nothing for me either. i can then swap parts to the new parts list, and the same thing occurs.

Message 10 of 14
Ed.McGriskin

I think I got it.

In the Display Manager Settings, both the structure and pipes are set up to not display.

Type in DISPLAYMANAGER on Command Line and Browse to Representations by Object. Find pipes and structures and make sure General Display settings have Model and Plan checked. 

Ed McGriskin, P.Eng.
Message 11 of 14

Good job Ed.  Kudos for you!!

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Message 12 of 14
dla4y4

Yep, thank you so much. Just saved me so much time

Message 13 of 14
Ed.McGriskin

No problem. 

And now I know how to make people get angry with there autocad drawings.

Ed McGriskin, P.Eng.
Message 14 of 14
Jeff_M

If you find a response which answers your question, please be sure to accept the actual post which helped you as the solution. This will help future searchers quickly find answers to their own questions. Thanks!

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report