Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Network Lost grips

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
B-Klopp
4462 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe Network Lost grips

I’m having problems editing my pipe network in Civil 3D 2012, as you can see below some of the network parts have all the grips after editing while some of the pipes can only be edited once before I lose the grips. I have tried purge/audit, recover and the bug fix for sp1 that caused pipes to disappear. Does anyone know what might be causing my problem and if there is any way to fix it?

01.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cwelkusl
in reply to: B-Klopp

I believe I had this issue in 2011.

I don't remember exactly what the fix was but I think it had to do with the end elevations.  Specifically what happened to me was, my horizontal layout changed slightly so I had to drag the pipes to match the new linework.  After dragging it once I also lost the grips for the ends.

I ended up redrawing the pipes.  However when I ran into this problem again, I had noticed that the elevations had gone to some ridiculous elevation of -1.52 or something.  So when I edited the pipe properties and set the elevations back to what they should be, voila, pipe grips re-appeared.  At least that's what I think it was that fixed the problem.  It was a few months ago, and I may be remembering it poorly.

Hope that helps?!

Chris Welk
Urban Systems Ltd.
Engineering Technologist (Civil)/CADD Applications Developer
Message 3 of 4
B-Klopp
in reply to: cwelkusl

It was the elevations, I drew it in profile view and was able to get back my grips.

Thanks for the help

Brandon 

Message 4 of 4
Turtlewallet
in reply to: cwelkusl

Have had this issue many times as well. Seems that negative elevations may be the cause of disspearing grips? Either that or excessively large slopes. Either way, changed the elvation to something comparable to general site elevation, either using the pipe properties tab or the toolspace solved this issue. 

Just wish there was a way to edit properties such as elevations for multiple pipes at once....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report