Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pipe network labels

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
230 Views, 3 Replies

pipe network labels

Does anyone know how to create a label for a structure that will show the inverts of the pipes coming into it? There are expressions for all the attributes of the structure itself including station, offset, side, etc., but I need it to include invert callouts as well. Here is an example:

Ex San Mh
Sta. 10+00, 10' Lt
Rim elev = 1000
Inv 12" E 995
Inv 15" W 994.75
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The short answer is yes. In looking at your example I could provide you exactaly as you have asked for but I'm sure that once you start to use it, you would want some additional items

Ex San Mh (Is this a default name/label that you want or should it be labeled per Name or Description)

Sta. 10+00, 10' Lt (Structure Station - What precision is needed? Drop decimal for whole numbers?
(Structure Offset - What precision is needed?)

Rim elev = 1000 (What precision is needed?)

Inv 12" E 995
Inv 15" W 994.75 (You had spoke about labeling pipes coming into it (structure in flow pipes. What about pipes exiting the structure (structure out flow pipes)) Are we labeling outer or inner pipe diameter? What precision is needed?

Sorry about being so picky about what is needed but I want to make sure that you get what it is that you want.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks. It worked last night when I first created the label style. Then this morning when I came in, there were no pipes in my profile. I had to go to profile view properties-pipe networks-and then click all of them "on." But then none of the structures had any pipes connected to them, they all said "0." So the label doesn't work because it doesn't recognize any pipes connecting to the structure. Any idea why it did that?

We have been experiencing very weird things with pipe networks lately. I think its probably bugs in the software, but just I'm just wondering if you've seen that and if you have a solution. Our other problem with pipes is that they dissapear from cross sections once you add them. I'll add a pipe network to my sections, save, go out of the file, come back in, the pipes flash real quick and then they're gone. any amount of re-sampling, etc. doesn't work. Ever seen this before?
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

So the structures don't recognized the pipes connected to them? Were they "snapped" correctly to the structure when they were drawn. To tell if the structure even has pipes connected to them, preform these following steps

1. Go to structure in question.
2. Left click on structure to highlight object
3. Right click and choose "structure properties"

A dialogue box will pop up for that structures properties.

4. Choose the "Connected Pipes" tab

If you see pipes here you know that they are associated with said structure. Otherwise you'll need to "snap" the pipes to the structure so that it recognizes the associated pipes. If there are pipes under the connected pipes tab then I'd want to look at your structure label style to make sure that it is done correctly. As far as thing not showing up I'd have to look at some of the following items as well.

1. Layer thaw &/or on
2. Item checked on to be drawn
3. File errors ie purge/ audit

Any way you could post file so that i could dig around? Easier to do with your hands on it vs this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report