Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe network labels

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mpryor433
302 Views, 8 Replies

Pipe network labels

I'm not able to move pipe network abels. I can select them, but when I try to move the grip, my cursor doesn't snap to the grip.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jmayo-EE
in reply to: mpryor433

Is the label pinned? Does running audit help?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
mpryor433
in reply to: jmayo-EE

They're not pinned and audit didn't change anything.

These are labels for a data referenced network. The labels work fine in the source drawing. (I audited both the source and destination drawings).

The only thing I can think of that I did different from other networks created on the same day was I forgot to set a reference surface. The other network labels work fine.

It's a very small network - 2 structures and one pipe, so I deleted and recreated with no luck.

Message 4 of 9
mpryor433

Looks like the problem is with the one destination drawing: I can datareference the problem network into another drawing and they work fine there. I may end up recreating the drawing as it's not very far along.

Message 5 of 9
jmayo-EE

I would do the same. Something is wacky in that file. You should be able to drag data ref's labels w/o issue.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
mpryor433

Right. I ended up Xreffing the source drawing instead, with the labels in it. Looks like that will work in this case.

Message 7 of 9
jmayo-EE

I do this also on very small projects (single family homes, small rehab) so I don't have to label a design twice (design file and sheet file). I keep the entire design (srf, pipe nets, alig, profile, etc) in one file with labels and xref it into a sheet. I would not recommend this on a typical project though (commercial/industrial site plan, subdivision, etc).

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
jmayo-EE

Can I ask what version you are using? We have not been able to import source labels at all when creating references.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
mpryor433

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report