Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Network Labels

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DrWileFTracer
376 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe Network Labels

When labelling pipes on plans and profiles, is there a way of having the leader go to the edge of the pipe instead of the center?

Also, the options available in the text component editor do not provide me with the exact wording I need as far as labelling pipes is concerned. Is there any way to create specific wording or edit one of the options - for example, could you take "Part Size Name" and modify it to remove the "MM" and insert "DIA."?

Wil

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JeffPaulsen
in reply to: DrWileFTracer

We use the description in our label styles instead of the part size. It grabs the description from the part list. You can add the DIA to the label style as text.

If you want to use the description check the feature settings for the pipe network, under Pipe Network Defaults and verify "Use Size Name From Parts List As Description" is set to No.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 3 of 4
mathewkol
in reply to: DrWileFTracer

Will, I am not a fan of using the part description to label the size of the pipe; there are some serious problems if your descriptions are not set up properly. What you want is easily obtainable.  Don't use part size name, use Inner pipe diameter property then "DIA" then the material property.

This may not be hte best way either depending on your requirements, but in my experience, most people have the best luck with this method.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 4
mathewkol
in reply to: mathewkol

Of course, you need to set up your parts list so that the Material property is assigned properly.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report