Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Network Labels

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jngalbraith
661 Views, 7 Replies

Pipe Network Labels

I have have a pipe network, In one plan and profile my labels are the right size, but in my site plan the pipe network labels are huge and I do not know how to make them smaller. Please help.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
lsimms1
in reply to: jngalbraith

Are the drawings different scales?
Do you want the labels to be the same size regardless of the scale?
Message 3 of 8
jngalbraith

My plan and profile is 50 scale and my site plan is 100. The network labels are adjusted in my model and plan/profile so that they are not overlapping any of the text or other imprtant items. But since the text is huge in my site plan it overlaps almost everything.
Message 4 of 8
lsimms1

For different scale drawings (layouts) I generally have a different drawing. X-ref the "base" drawing into it, and data shortcut the pipes into it. That way I can adjust the labels per drawing.
If you want the lables the same size regardless of the drawing scale you can create child styles with a smaller text size, and have 2 labels per pipe. I have not gone to that extreme, but instead I have tricked the labels into thinking they are the same scale. I scale the border in the layout, and have the vport the same scale as the other plan. I plot so the actual plot is the right scale.
Maybe in more modern versions you can set the annotation scale for the vport? Can someone with a later version respond to that part? (I am using 2008)
Message 5 of 8
jngalbraith

How do I create a child style?
Message 6 of 8
TCARCAMO78

make sure your viewport is unlock. right click on it and select properties. In your properties dialog box set the annotation scale to 50 or 100 which ever you want. Then also set your standard scale to the same scale. When you are done, lock your viewport.
Tony Carcamo
CAD Manager
www.tonyscivil3dworld.blogspot.com
Message 7 of 8
jngalbraith

I tried this already and it did not work
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

All you have to do is post a small portion of what is happening and someone
will tell you the problem.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report