Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Network Labeling Issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
fkhelp
933 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe Network Labeling Issues

I have created a pipe network for a sewer line.  I have all of the manholes and pipes shown in profile view and i was able to add labels to the majority of the structures and pipes as usual. 

However, there are two pipes (in seperate profiles) that I can not label.  I have the label visiblity set to true and I have no issues labeling all of the other components.

I right click on the pipe, add label, it ask me to select the profile, i do and nothing happens.  I tried to label it using the "add pipe network labels" feature and still nothing.  I have run audit, I have deleted this section of the network and recreated, recreated the profile, restarted computer, still nothing. 

One other weird thing is that neither of these pipes have the normal grips that show up in profile view when you select a part of pipe network. 

Please help!! this is frustrating me like crazy.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: fkhelp

If the pipes are only partially shown in a profile view, remember that pipes get labeled at their midpoints. So all of the label you've tried to add are just not able to be displayed. Temporarily set the profileview to include at least half the pipe and you will be able to select a lable and slide it to be in the view, then reset the profileview stations.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4
fkhelp
in reply to: Jeff_M

Mine weren't shown partially in profile view. Not sure if this is the correct fix, but the I found the below link that fixes my problem. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Can-t-label-certain-pipes-structures/td-p/3362237/pag...

just needed to extend the aligmnent beyond the last structure. 

Thanks for your help. 

Message 4 of 4
gknobbe
in reply to: fkhelp

I have had this problem before with labels. Sometimes you have to delete the object and redue the pipe or the structure and the label will work. Seems like something gets corrupt along the way. It is an easy fix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report