Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Network Data Reference Error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
broberts
885 Views, 2 Replies

Pipe Network Data Reference Error

I have a major error currently affecting my work that I need to resolve ASAP. I'm using C3D 2012 64 bit with Windows 7. I have multiple model drawings that I have created pipe networks and view frame groups in, and using those model drawings I have created plan and profile sheets from the view frames. I created data shortcuts of all my pipe networks and referenced the pipe networks into my sheet drawings. In the sheet drawings I drew the network parts into the profiles, and everything displayed exactly as it was supposed to. No issues at all.

Now fast forward about a month. Out of the blue one day I open one of my sheet drawings to perform some edits and notice that the pipes that were previously displayed in the profile views showing inside and outside walls with the centerline turned off now show up as a simple line. I haven't changed any settings at all. I looked at the properties of the pipes, and they seem to have all ignored their asigned diameters- the pipe data in the referenced network now assumes all inverts & crowns are the same elevation as the centerline.

Long story short, I have gone so far as to completely reinstall the program and restart the drawings, but the more I edit the oringal network the worse the problem gets. Now all of my structures are attaching themselves to the surface profile instead of the pipes, and the entire network gets put onto my current layer rather than the layers I assign in the Create Pipe Network Reference dialog box.

It happens to any drawing I try to open on this network- even ones created by third parties that I haven't edited. And the problem resides in the drawing because anyone I send the drawings to has the same problem. It will even crash the entire program sometimes when they try to open my drawings.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this before, or have any possible solutions? The problem is starting to cost me serious time and money, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Civil 3D 2012 SP3 - Windows 7 64 bit - Intel Core i3-2120 - 8 GB Memory
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jay_B
in reply to: broberts

What service pack?
Do you have the pipe network source drawing also attached as an xref to the plan pfl sheet?
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 3
broberts
in reply to: broberts

Currently have SP3.0 installed.

I have the model drawing xrefed into the sheet drawing. Tried detaching the xref, deleting the reference, saving and closing then re-opening and re-creating the reference but no luck.

Civil 3D 2012 SP3 - Windows 7 64 bit - Intel Core i3-2120 - 8 GB Memory

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report