Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe network - Box culvert

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
DaveM
2458 Views, 8 Replies

Pipe network - Box culvert

I am trying to draft a box culvert with a winged headwall using a pipe network. I am having trouble getting the right size of headwall/ wings. My box culvert needs to be 5' tall, by 9' wide. I found the box culvert pipe, but having hell trying to size a wingwall. I added all part sizes in the Concrete Rectangular Box Culvert Headwall Family. How should I go about picking a part size? The attached image shows my problem. The names appear to have three dimensions, I am not really sure what the three dimensions are tied to. Thanks for any help!!!
Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DaveM
in reply to: DaveM

Ever since they changed the format of this website I have had a hell of a time attaching images https://www.dropbox.com/s/1pqftua5k2btm8g/Box%20culvert.png
Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Message 3 of 9
rkmcswain

@dmartin wrote:
Ever since they changed the format of this website I have had a hell of a time attaching images

Specific to that issue, what browser are you using?

Do you get the dialog below?

popup.png

If no dialog, do you have popups blocked?

Are you running any 3rd party pop up blocker or Ad Block?

Javascript enabled?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 9
Cadguru42

@dmartin wrote:
I am trying to draft a box culvert with a winged headwall using a pipe network. I am having trouble getting the right size of headwall/ wings. My box culvert needs to be 5' tall, by 9' wide. I found the box culvert pipe, but having hell trying to size a wingwall. I added all part sizes in the Concrete Rectangular Box Culvert Headwall Family. How should I go about picking a part size? The attached image shows my problem. The names appear to have three dimensions, I am not really sure what the three dimensions are tied to. Thanks for any help!!!

I just did a box culvert project. I never used a C3D headwall in the pipe network. I just manually drew the wing walls and had a generic, no display structure at the end used for labeling purposes. I found that if you have a bend in the box culvert, C3D can't even handle that, so I just drew the outside walls and inside walls manually. I know that doesn't help you much, but know that C3D isn't made for doing box culverts really. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 5 of 9
DaveM
in reply to: Cadguru42

As much as I hate it, I think that may be the way to go!

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Message 6 of 9
Discussion_Admin

As was asked earlier in the thread can you tell us what browser are you using? And would It be possible to send the file to me moderator@autodesk.com.

We what to make sure all of our users are able to use the community as intended or try our best to resolve issue.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 7 of 9
DaveM
in reply to: Discussion_Admin

Sorry I took so long to get back, I am currently using IE9, but I have tried chrome & Foxfire as well. Sometimes when I long on I have the controls & Sometimes I do not. I had never thought of a pop up blocker, I will see what my IT guy thinks. I noticced the issue right after the change of the website. https://www.dropbox.com/s/spidaae1scn67on/Screen%20Shot.png If you look at the above screenshot. a lot of tools fail to load, with all three web services. I also can not subscripe to a post. when I select the options dialog box no dropdown appears. One last note randomly, it appears it loads like it should and I get the tools to load an image, but I can not consistantly repeat. Thanks, Dave
Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Message 8 of 9
kcobabe

The fix for both of your problems.

The Bend:

In old C3D you use to be able to leave linework cleanup on for any structure and it would draw your bend.  Not in order to do this you need to use the "null" structure.  This is bad when it comes to labeling your probile as you have to use a lot of profile view labels instead of structure labels.  Still wishing Autodesk would make a label to label pipes vertically where you want without having to use a data band.

The wing wall:

Having had this problem in the past.  You are left with only 3 choices.

1.  You draw it manually in both plan and profile, make blocks of them, and then make a structure using those blocks.

2.  You create a 3D model of it and to get it in your profile you just use the draw drawing objects in profile function

3.  The most difficult, create a modified version of your wingwall part in partbuilder.

All three options will get you to what you want.  Some just require more work than others.

R10 - 2020 ACAD
2008 - 2020 Civil 3D
2014 - 2020 Plant 3D
2014 - 2020 Revit
V8i - V8i SS4 Microstation
Infraworks
2018-2020 Inventor
2020 Navisworks
Message 9 of 9
DaveM
in reply to: kcobabe

You really used a creative way to solve this issue. I would have never made it to any of these work arounds. Thanks!
Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report