Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe network alignment overrides

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Kozak_MJK
1254 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe network alignment overrides

I am using Civil 3D 2014 and I am having a problem with my pipe network overrides. The current project that I am working on has multiple street alignments that cross at intersections. In my plan and profile, I need to reference the alignment that I am focused on for that sheet so that my structures are labeled with the corresponding stationing and offset. If I have a structure that is in an intersection, I need to reference one alignment in one drawing and another alignment in another drawing. If I sync, the structures revert back to the parent drawing settings. I have tried setting up overrides in the individual drawings but will still lose the information if the drawing sync's. Does anyone have any ideas on how to force the overrides onto the referenced pipe networks?

Thanks,

Matt Kozak

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: Kozak_MJK

Try setting the reference alignment by selecting structure label > rt click > label properties > reference alignment.

Then it should stay assigned to the desired alignment following a sync ref's..

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
Kozak_MJK
in reply to: Jay_B

Perfect! I did not know that option was in there. I kept looking for a child object override.

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: Kozak_MJK

Interesting because that does not update the Referenced Alignment for the structure, only the label that is referencing the structure.

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a way to update a table, since the table does not have an editable property "Reference Alignment"

It looks like tables simply pull the data live from the dref'ed pipe or structure and if that entity does not have a Reference Alignment, then you get "??????" for the station and offset.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report