Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Material

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
723 Views, 7 Replies

Pipe Material

Has anyone else had an issue with adding a new pipe size or part family to an existing network, but have not been able to add the pipe material?  I am trying to add a part family with a couple sizes to an existing "existing storm sewer" network, but I can't define the material of the pipe as I have been able to in the past.  As a reuslt my labeling is not working properly.

I have attached a the window where I would typically do this.

Any thought world?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sirjoelsph
in reply to: Anonymous

The corrugated metal pipe that ships with Civil 3D does not have any materials assigned to it so it reverts back to the AeccSharedPropertyLists file to look up available materials.  I've seen stranged things like this happen when switching between different Pipe Network Catalogs or when upgrading versions of Civil 3D and switching catalogs.

Have you customized your Part Catalogs or do you use the stock catalog that comes with Civil 3D?  Check the pipe network catalog path to make sure you are referencing the correct files.  Also,I would try a PartCatalogRegen and see if that helps.  If not, try creating a new part list from scratch and adding that pipe in with a material.  Lastly, let us know if adding the pipe works in a brand new file based on the OOTB NCS templates.

I just presented a class at Autodesk University that might also help you out with some of the background information on part catalogs - handout available at http://au.autodesk.com/au-online/classes-on-demand/class-catalog/2014/autocad-civil-3d/cv5088

-JOEL
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: sirjoelsph

I have customized my pipe catalog, quite a bit.  Most of it was done in civil 2012, and I saw no issues when working with '13 or '14.  In the screen shot I've attached you can see a few items in the drop-dowm box.  You can only see three, but the list is comprised of about 15 different materials.  I am able to select the material I desire, however it appears in the box for about half of a second and then goes away, with updates to be found.  I have tried regenning the catalog...to no avail

Message 4 of 8
Jeff_M

Kolk, have you installed SP2 for C3D2015? This is one of the items noted in the Readme: "An issue has been resolved where materials could not be selected from the drop-down list when using specific parts lists." 

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

BINGO...I imagine that was it.  I wasn't even aware that it was out (our IT guy usually gets the alerts, but...)

Message 6 of 8
AdammReilly

It seems that this update broke my older version of Civil 3D to where I can no longer even see the materials portion of the pipe properties.

I'm missing everything between the Part Size Name and the Inner Diameter option (as shown in the attached image)

Adam Reilly

Dell Precision 55400
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Xeon E-2276M 2.80GHz, 64bit
NVidia Quadro T2000 Mobile/Max-Q

LinkedIn | Twitter

Group Leader badge

Austin CADD User Group

LinkedIn | Discord

Message 7 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: AdammReilly

@AdammReilly wrote:

It seems that this update broke my older version of Civil 3D to where I can no longer even see the materials portion of the pipe properties.)

Older version?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 8
AdammReilly
in reply to: Jeff_M

I have 2011 and 2015 installed. We are still using 2011 in production, which was broken by that update.

I have since uninstalled/reinstalled 2011 and it works fine now, but it was annoying.

Adam Reilly

Dell Precision 55400
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Xeon E-2276M 2.80GHz, 64bit
NVidia Quadro T2000 Mobile/Max-Q

LinkedIn | Twitter

Group Leader badge

Austin CADD User Group

LinkedIn | Discord

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report