Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pipe labels

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jmatte2004
884 Views, 8 Replies

pipe labels

i would like to create a lable for culverts that labels the inverts of the pipe, perpendicular to the end of the pipe at the end of the pipe. i created on under pipe network labels but i can't seem to attach it to the end. are there any suggestions out there of how to do this.

thanks

jason m.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JeffPaulsen
in reply to: jmatte2004

@jmatte2004 wrote:

perpendicular to the end of the pipe at the end of the pipe

I am having a hard time picturing this. Isn't that just the end of the pipe?

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 3 of 9
jmayo-EE

I would probably try placing a non-plotting, null structure with masking turned off at the end of the culvert and label the null stc. I know you can get a pipe label with the invert and drag it to the end of the pipe but I don't think that is work as you need.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
jmatte2004
in reply to: JeffPaulsen

what it is i want a label style that i can pick the end of the pipe and it will label the end of the pipe with the correct invert elevation pendicular to the pipe being label at the end of the pipe. this will work with pipes in a pipe network

Message 5 of 9
jmatte2004
in reply to: jmayo-EE

your right john i have created the pipe lable then you have to drag it in place. i was thinking maybe a label like a note, like a spot elevation that label a elevation of a node at the end of the pipe then just add the words inv. elev = and the elevation.

Message 6 of 9
sboon

You cannot label a pipe at the endpoints by default, but what you can do is create a label for the null structures that are attached to the ends of your culverts.  That label can show the invert of the attached pipe.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 9
jmayo-EE

If you draw a pline or feature line at the end of the pipe and assign the invert elev you can get what you want by labeling the PL or FL

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
JeffPaulsen

The subject says it all. I didn't realize you were trying to label just the pipe.

We use a non-plotting structure as JohnM recommended.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 9 of 9
jmiller0621

This question has been on my mind for quite some time.  The standard labeling style at the 3 different companies I have worked for was always a perpendicular line under the structure listing the inverts in and out.  I have not successfully been able to create a label style such as this in Civil 3D that is fully dynamic.  In lieu, I have created bands under the profile view that serve this purpose.

Note, this obviously isn't a problem with a culvert as you can create null structures as previous posters have said... BUT, if anyone has come up with a way to create a style such as this for a series of structures (say a sanitary sewer) please give a shout out!

Thanks

Jesse

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report