AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
ssomers
Message 1 of 4 (197 Views)
Accepted Solution

Pipe Label Bug

197 Views, 3 Replies
11-07-2012 09:42 AM

I’m having a problem with my pipe labels when I xref them into other drawings. The attached file has my pipe label in it (RFE Boat-SD). The label has a block in it and all the layers within the block are on the 0 layer. When I look at the attached drawing, everything looks fine, the boat inherits the properties of the label (the label style is set to display on the C-STRM layer). However, when I xref the drawing into another drawing, the boat labels inherit the properties of whatever layer is current in that drawing. More annoyingly, each time I reload the xref the label will take on whatever new layer is current at that time, even regardless of what layer the xref is on. If anyone can shed any light on the situation or offer a solution other than creating a block for each layer I want the boat to display as (which is my current workaraound), then please let me know.

Thanks!

- Shawn
---------------------
Civil 3D 2015

64-bit HP Desktop - HP Z420; 24GB RAM
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6570
Windows 7 SP1
This is a known bug that has been around forever. And label style with a block embedded AND whose layer is set to 0 will exhibit this behavior. Only workaround I know is NOT to set layer 0 for that label style. Unfortunate, but true.
Distinguished Mentor
rl_jackson
Message 2 of 4 (195 Views)

Re: Pipe Label Bug

11-07-2012 09:47 AM in reply to: ssomers

I don't have 13, but sounds like a VISRETAIN variable change is in order.

C3D12-13
Win7x64 6gb
Distinguished Mentor
castled071049
Message 3 of 4 (163 Views)

11-07-2012 07:01 PM in reply to: ssomers

Excellent question that I, too, have observed. Not always, but occasionally. Sometimes it's the tic block for stationing, sometimes it's dimension arrowheads. Most of the time, everything is fine. 

My workaround, and it's not a solution, is to create a toobar icon that, when clicked, changes the current layer to zero, saves the drawing, then closes the drawing. I use that everytime I close a file. In that way, opening the file or plotting the file from the sheet set manager gets me the results I expect. 

I, too, am anxious to hear the solution to this perplexing occurance. 

*Expert Elite*
mathewk
Message 4 of 4 (160 Views)

11-07-2012 07:18 PM in reply to: ssomers
This is a known bug that has been around forever. And label style with a block embedded AND whose layer is set to 0 will exhibit this behavior. Only workaround I know is NOT to set layer 0 for that label style. Unfortunate, but true.
Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!